Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Skiin' the 'Boat


Jason and I recently took a long weekend and went skiing in Steamboat Springs, Colorado again. We had a wonderful time together! The above view was just outside our condo, so imagine the views from the top of the mountain! Gorgeous!


The skiing was decent but they were pretty low on snow which meant there were lots of spotty patches. Unfortunately, the last day I hit a stump on one of those bare patches and tweaked my knee. There were no permanent injuries but I decided to call it a day to be safe and hang out in the lodge. I think that Jason may have planted that stump there because this allowed him to ski with a buddy from work (who lives in Steamboat) and hit a great double black on the back side of the mountain. Lot's of fun for him! I had my Bloody Mary though and was a happy camper too! :)


It was a short, but great trip as I was also able to meet up with a friend from high school who lives in Steamboat as well. Who knew we had so many connections in such a small mountain town!?! Ha!

The only skiing Logan did while we were gone was in his head while reading Go Dog Go. He was lucky enough to stay back with Granny Franny and Papa D. It sounds like they had lots of fun! They stayed in Kansas City for a night and then headed to Iowa to enjoy some peace and quiet. What a fun trip for us all! Hopefully, next year Logan can come with, although I'm a little scared to imagine him on skis just yet...yikes!

No comments: